Friday 6 February 2015

8 - NO TIME,,,,,,NO INTENTION.......NO CHIVALRY.

A friend of mine has just posted this famous poem on his facebook status.....no time to stand and stare........

We are all free to do what we want and yet we are not able to do whatever we would like to accomplish.   I would love to practise my music and learn to play the violin.....but priority takes over and housework tires me out.....so music is shelved. 

The current obsession on my agenda is "finding"  a groom for my daughter.    How can I make her marry any man when she has a mind of her own???    One 'suitable groom'  wants a slim girl and insults a girl by  telling her to 'look elsewhere'   ,   while another  'probable groom"  backs off for not being able  to stand up to his family for 'his love'.     Where are the 'Prithviraj Chavans'  and 'Ranjhas" of today.........no,  love is not a sacred word anymore.  The young man of today is too weak to stand up and support the girl he professes to love and adore.     It all fizzles out when he is put to the test of true love and has to live upto the vows he made in private,  to win over the girl.   Dear boys of the world,  a girl needs you to be true and faithful and then you will get faithfulness in return.

What I abhor is that uncannily,  it is usually the boy's mother who  is the one to object and prevent the son from living upto his 'promises' to his chosen girl.   The mother,  a woman herself,   destroys another woman's world.   The mother,  a woman herself,   forgets that she too was accepted by her mother-in-law not so long ago.  Even an arranged match needs adjustment.    

This message is for all 'mama's boys',,,,,  please do not delude a girl into a romantic relationship unless you have the guts to fulfill your commitment to the girl. 

So,  just as I have shelved my love for playing the violin,,,  the boy who has  ;'no time'  must not be adventurous and should please his mother only,,,,,,,maybe he is the type who will always tell his mother and sister  that they are  the only women in his life.     Such a boy should never marry and give his wife the second place in his heart......after all his mother is a wife first and has her 'first place' in her husband.s heart already.    Besides if there are siblings,  then the mother loves all,  so why should one of them pretend to love her more than anyone else??    Since I have come across this real life confusion,  it belies probability  and logic.

So the paramount problem that I face is how do I find an acceptable match for my daughter......she has a mind of her own that is so difficult for me to decipher.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment