Thursday 28 August 2014

1- WHAT MADE ME SMILE 2 - HOLIDAYS ARE FOR....

Holidays for me mean 'extra work'.
House work like ironing, changing bedsheets, cleaning the AC filter,  and worst of all,  catching up with bank work.     Today I got a shock when my pass book was updated and there was a fine of Rs.102 that the bank had debited.    A little research and the fine was credited,   as it was 'a mistake'.

.........discovering the mistake and reversing it,  took almost 80 minutes,  leaving me drained and tired.   O  prime minister Mr. Modi,  how will banking benefit the rural population,  when it is not serving the educated urban population  properly??????

Holidays lead to 'jetlag'.    Completing one task makes me want to just go into a cocoon and chill silently to recuperate.  

But having a family to answer to means that I am expected to fulfill extra requests during holidays.   Shopping for one member's outfits,  shopping for another member's mobile..........paying the MTNL dues,   dropping the BEST cheque,   giving out the society's outgoing.........an endless stream of  errands that makes me want to belong to the stone age era,   this urban lifestyle leaves no energy for music practice or reading a book undisturbed.

The worst outcome of 'holidays' is when I go back to my workplace,   colleagues ask trite questions like- Did you enjoy your holidays?........and I am expected to respond positively.........

I always look forward to holidays  but am quite relieved when they are done.      .

No comments:

Post a Comment